NRA Basic Rifle Instructor Training
Prerequisite: NRA Basic Instructor Training Qualification
Candidates for rifle instructor ratings must perform as follows the pre-assessment exercises:
1) Pre-test: 90% or higher
2) Unloading Procedures: The candidate must demonstrate basic safe handling and unloading procedures for the Rifles specified.
The purpose of this course is to develop NRA Instructor Candidates who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course. This course is eleven (11) hours long, and presents the following topics:
1. Introduction to the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Lesson Plans
2. How to teach rifle knowledge and safe gun handling
3. How to teach ammunition knowledge and the fundamentals of rifle shooting
4. Describes the basic rifle instructional methodology
5. Presents steps to be taken before and during first shots live firing exercises
6. Describes how to demonstrate shooting positions
7. How to evaluate and improve the performance of beginning rifle shooters
8. How to present rifle sports and other handgun activities
A written examination with a score of 90% or greater is required to be certified as an instructor. Students will receive the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, NRA Basics of Rifle Shooting student handbook, NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Completion Certificate, NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Student Examination/Evaluation, NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program Booklet, Basic Rocker Handout, Basic Rocker, NRA Gun Safety Rules, NRA Basic Firearm Training Program NRA Rifle Instructor Application/Examination.
To register for this course and pay by mail instead of using a credit card, please complete the Course Registration form found in the Forms menu heading and mail to SRFI at least two weeks prior to the course date.
1795 W Broadway, PMB 345
Idaho Falls, ID 83402