NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Training
Prerequisite: NRA Basic Instructor Training Qualification
Candidates for pistol instructor ratings must perform as follows the pre-assessment exercises:
1) Pre-test: 90% or higher
2) Unloading Procedures: The candidate must demonstrate basic safe handling and unloading procedures for the pistols specified.
The purpose of this course is to develop NRA Instructor Candidates who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course. This course is eleven (11) hours long, and presents the following topics:
1. Introduction to the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Lesson Plans
2. How to teach pistol knowledge and safe gun handling
3. How to teach ammunition knowledge and the fundamentals of pistol shooting
4. Describes the basic pistol instructional methodology
5. Presents steps to be taken before and during first shots live firing exercises
6. Describes how to demonstrate the two-handed standing and one-handed standing shooting positions
7. How to evaluate and improve the performance of beginning pistol shooters
8. How to present pistol sports and other handgun activities
A written examination with a score of 90% or greater is required to be certified as an instructor. Students will receive the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting student handbook, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Completion Certificate, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Student Examination/Evaluation, NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program Booklet, Basic Rocker Handout, Basic Rocker, NRA Gun Safety Rules, NRA Basic Firearm Training Program NRA Pistol Instructor Application/Examination.
To register for this course and pay by mail instead of using a credit card, please complete the Course Registration form found in the Forms menu heading and mail to SRFI at least two weeks prior to the course date.
1795 W Broadway, PMB 345
Idaho Falls, ID 83402